DIY Halloween Costumes

Friday, November 2, 2012

I love Halloween and making my costumes!  This year Patience and I were Tinkerbell and Snow White!  Here is how I made the costumes!

For Tinkerbell I was very lucky to find this sleeveless green dress at GoodWill that looked somewhat similar to Tinkerbell's (except hers is completely strapless).  But with this dress basically being the look I was going for all I had to do was cut it, no sewing! 
Tinkerbell
 I just cut triangles out of the bottom of the dress and cut a slit at the bust, poked holes in each side of the slit and used the extra green fabric (from the lining of the dress) for the ribbon. 
 Accessories-hair in a bun, wings and add green pom poms to the toe of your shoes!

Snow White







 Accessories-I used a headband that I never wear anymore and glued red wire ribbon to it and make a bow and glued that on top of it---I did the same slit with ribbon as the Tinkerbell costume---and since the blue dress material was very flimsy, I cut the back of the top completely open, poked holes in it and used extra blue fabric so the back of the top laced up the back as well.  This way the top is adjustable.
CLICK HERE to see other costumes I have made! :)

Scroll down for more ideas/posts!
(when you reach the bottom of the blog, click on older posts for even more ideas!)

2 comments:

  1. Tinkerbell is looking good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! Dresses come first in our mind while getting an invitation for the celebration. My neighbor arranged a huge birthday party for his daughter. Loved the cute pink and white decorations done with balloons and ribbons at party venue selected online. Cake design was attractive. Cookies of Chocó chips were tasty.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs